Argentina Posadas

Argentina Posadas

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 13, 2015



I´m so happy to hear about baby Jack! I’m so happy he and Josie and the family are all doing well! It´s so exciting to have a new member in the family. It’s gonna be weird not to see him, tho!

So this week here was kinda normal; not much happened and it wasn’t super exciting, but it was good, so that helps!

Leo Sosa is progressing and we had a lesson with him last night and we are having a noche de hogar with him tonight. He is still excited for his baptism on the 25th! Hermana Maya and I are starting on preparing the invitations and getting things ready for the 25th.

Other than that, at the moment none of our other investigators are progressing. NO ONE wants to come to church! That is the hardest part, getting them to come to church. We dropped Silvia. She at the moment isn't ready to admit that she doesn’t know everything and that there really is a true church. She isn't letting her heart open up to accept the gospel. It was really sad to tell her that we are not going to be passing by anymore. It's weird how when you're on a mission you really care for the people so much even when you hardly know them!

With things that happened in my family this past week I have really had to put in practice the Plan of Salvation in my own life. It's weird when you're teaching it to everyone, like every day, but when you yourself have to trust in it, it becomes more real.

God has a plan. Sometimes our lives have to end before the time we would like but God knows what he is doing. We have to trust in him! 

I’m glad that you are safe, Mom, and that all went well [in Holland], and I’m sure that dad is MUCH better now. I don’t think he would have lasted much longer without you, mom, haha. 

[About Jillian’s wisdom teeth removal]: Ouch, I remember that time all too well. Give Jilly a hug for me, I hope she's doing okay! I wanna see a picture of her with [bags of frozen] peas on her face!(; 

And Happy Birthday Aubrey and Kimee! 

When I read about [cousin] Sarah it was something that I've never felt before... I’ve never lost a loved one before. Death has never really been a part of my life. It's a good thing that I was able to be in the house reading your letter because the tears surely did come. She was an amazing girl with desires to have a better life. I am thinking a lot about Kelly and her family and about Grandma and Grandpa. She will be very missed and I am praying for our family.

I love you both so much and know that God is always with you. Have faith and trust in him always; he knows why you are there in Utah. 

Love, Hermana Newell

No comments:

Post a Comment