Argentina Posadas

Argentina Posadas

Monday, September 21, 2015

The Book of Mormon is even better than Harry Potter


A Catholic church in Apostoles


Hey, I´m being transferred!!! I´m going to Taquarii. It´s an area in Posadas, right in the City! Transfers are Thursday! I´m excited. I´ve done splits once there and the pension [apartment] is like huge and super nice. My new companion´s name is Hermana Lopez. I met her in splits and she is super great. She is from Honduras! 

Some of the Elders who are leaving for home this week.
Elder Trujillo, Elder Ollerton and Elder Duke. They finish this week.


I´m super sad to be leaving Apostoles. It´s been my home for the past 4 and a half months. And it is AMAZING! I´m sad to leave Hermana Martinez as well... but I am excited to see and meet new places and people! 

Some of my favorite people ever: Silvana, Yaquelin and Yani.  This is a less active family that I have been able to, with the help and hand of God, reactivate. The rest of the family is in the process.
Hermano Cristian Farina and me saying goodbye from Apostoles.

Hermana Adriana Alvarenga. The family Alvarenga are like the greatest people ever! Adriana is the girlfriend of Leo Sosa, who was recently baptized. They plan to be sealed in the Temple in ten months when Leo has one year as a member. 

This week has been super great! Micaela is progressing so much! We talked about the spirit, families, and the Restoration. She has a baptismal date for the 17th of October! We are working with her boyfriend (who she lives with). He is a less active and he is progressing so much too! Honestly the spirit with those two is amazing! 

Noelia… can I just say that she is the greatest!! We met her last Monday and had a Family Home Evening with her. She is a friend of a member, Aylin, who was baptized in June. We talked about the Restoration and it was so spiritual!

We then met with her on Friday, and we talked about the Plan of Salvation. Her mom died two years ago and our discussion helped her so much. She was crying the whole time and when she said the closing prayer she said, ¨Help me to have as much faith as these Hermanas and to be able to know that this church is true, like they know it is!¨ She has been praying every night and it´s been so spiritual, I cried too.

We then met with her yesterday and we talked about forgiveness and repentance. It was super great. We gave her a Libro de Mormon! When we went today for lunch with her she had finished the intro and the testimonies and was in 1 Nephi chapter 5! She said that she loved it and that it was like reading Harry Potter because it was so interesting!

We talked about what it was, how Joseph Smith translated it, and we answered her questions! She is so amazing and so prepared! She has gone to church twice already, too! But she is in the Elder´s zone--- so we might now be able to continue with her and have to pass her to the Elders. We will see what happens! 

Oh, on Friday when we were with Noelia, she gave us dinner, and it was lentils. It was super good, but she cooked it with sausage. She took the sausage out of my part but it was cooked in it and when we got back to the house I was having a great time vomiting in the bathroom for a while... it didn´t work so well. 

Next week I will be writing from Posadas! I’m excited because in my area there is a store that is like Walmart and they have Jalapeño peppers. Haha! (: 

I love you all! 

Hermana Newell

No comments:

Post a Comment