Argentina Posadas

Argentina Posadas

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I am in Posadas!



May 20, 2015

I’m Here!!!! 
Monday and Tuesday were some of the longest days of my life. There were so many different trains and buses and planes but I have finally arrived here in Posadas! 
It is gorgeous here. It looks a lot like Colima (Mexico). The houses and stores and roads are all very similar which makes me feel a lot more comfortable! All the dirt here is red and it apparently stains everything once you start tracting! The river that separates Argentina and Paraguay is huge and so gorgeous! 
I left the MTC Monday at 6am and didn’t arrive in Posadas until around 4pm on Tuesday. It was so long! We flew in a plane from Buenos Aires to Posadas. It was an hour and fifteen minutes long! 
There were a lot of missionaries and the mission presidents waiting for us at the Posadas airport. We arrived and went to the mission home, which is a super big and beautiful home in the middle of the city of Posadas! We ate food and just chatted and then we went to bed around 9pm, we were so tired! 
This morning we woke up a little before 7 and we went to the Police station to start on our legalization to live here. We then went to another place to start our Visas for Paraguay! After that we went back to the house and I had my interview with my mission president! He and his wife are super nice and make me feel very comfortable here. Sister Lapiere reminds me a lot of mom and how mom's Spanish used to be but mom is now much better than sister Lapiere; that should make you feel better mom (; They are both very nice! 
My president said that it was okay and I’d be fine as a vegetarian but that a Vegan would be hard. So I am going to start eating cheese and stuff because supposedly it is on everything. I might start introducing chicken into my diet but I still haven’t decided because I really don’t want to, but it might have to happen.
I found out today that I will be serving in a town about 50 minutes from the city. It will be my companion (who is from Central America, supposedly) and a companionship of elders. There are two branches and about 30 - 60 people attend each week. 
My president wouldn’t tell me too much more because I will meet my companion tomorrow and he wanted it to be a surprise! 
Later today we are going to do some contacts on the street. I’m nervous but excited! 
All the elders and hermanas here are very nice! About half of them that I’ve met are from the states and the other half from Latin America! 

I have to go now, and maybe start the contacting, but I love you all and I miss you! 

Everything here is going well; a little overwhelming, but it’s been great, and it’s beautiful! 

I love you all! 

Talk to you on Monday! Good luck with everything! 

Hermana Newell

P.S. im writing on a mexican computer and dont know how to use it so that is why i dont have any punctuation haha  (Her mom helped out by adding punctuation to the letter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment