Argentina Posadas

Argentina Posadas

Monday, May 25, 2015

First week in the Campo Misional!!! (: 

This letter might be in spanglish cause I havent spoken english in a week, haha.
My first area is called Apostoles; it is a small city about an hour and a half bus ride from Posadas! It is gorgeous here! It reminds me of Mexico but it is also very distinct! The lots on the houses are separated and not all hooked together like in Colima, and a lot of them have front yards!
The people are super nice here. EVERYONE drinks what they call Yerba Mate. It's like an herbal tea and they have Mate cups which are super cool (Google it so you know what I'm talking about) but I heard people drank it but I didn't realize that EVERYONE does haha.
My companion is Hermana Maya! She is from the DF [Federal District] in Mexico!!! So two mexicanas together (: She is super nice and we get along really well! We work well together and we both have similar personalities! She has been out for over 14 months so she is a little relaxed with things, which I haven't decided what I think about that. I want to be more active and get more done but she's my trainer and I don't know how to do that, haha, but I really love being with her. I'm so glad that we are together!
This past week we have mainly been working with less active members, that is a lot of what we do here in Apostoles, I think! They are super great tho, some of them are very humble and live in very humble places, kind of like Project Amigo kids' homes, or Queseria. Others have pretty nice homes.
Yesterday they had me bear my testimony and introduce myself. It's really weird actually being the missionary! 
We have a couple investigators and I haven't met all of them but the one we are working with the most is Silvia! She is around 38, super sweet and she knows the church is true; we say that she just needs to learn to recognize when answers come! She told us that she knows the Book of Mormon is true and also that Joseph Smith was a true prophet. Her difficulty is that she thinks that god just wants people to believe in him, so any church is good and is not sure if there is a true one, so we are working with her. We had a ward activity today, though (the 25 of May is the day of the patriot here in Argentina) and she came with her 9 year old son and really enjoyed it (: 
Life is going well; I have been really enjoying it and so far so good!
It is Fall here, so Thank you mom for sending me with rain boots and coat and warm things cause it rains and when it rains it pours, like in Colima! And it can get pretty chilly as well! 

Love,
Hermana Newell

No comments:

Post a Comment