Argentina Posadas

Argentina Posadas

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

1st letter from the MTC



May 11, 2015
 

Hola desde el MTC! 

This is my first P-day in the mission field. I've been out for five days now but it seriously feels like I've been here for months. haha. 
The MTC is going really well. There have been so many moments where the spirit is so powerful and I just am overwhelmed with it. Every day is long and there is always tons to do but things are going really well. The food isn't anything special but at least I'm eating. haha. 

My companion is AMAZING! Her name is Hermana Villanueva.









She is from Oakland California. She is Mexican but has never actually been to Mexico. We both get along super well and I haven't gotten tired of her yet which is great (:  We work really well together and our personalities complement each other. We keep each other going and we are always laughing together! Oh, and she is also going to the Argentina Posadas Mission!!! We are so excited about that because we will continue to see each other throughout the next 18 months!

My district and my zone are also all super amazing! I'm in the advanced Spanish class. We will only be in the MTC for a total of 12 days. Everyone else in my zone are Latinos, One other girl and I are the only ones who have actually lived in a Latin country. In my district there are Elder Garcia from Logan, Utah and Elder Goggora, from Portland Oregon. They are both super great Elders! And then four sisters, Hermana Sanchez (from Texas) and Hermana Pirir (from Orem Utah) and Hermana Villanueva and me(:
Last Thursday my companion and I were called as the Sister Training leaders which has been a great opportunity to learn and grow! 

Oh, like the most exciting part!!! My Visa is here and so I now have all my travel info! I fly out to Argentina, next Monday, in 7 days!(: I'm so excited! I will fly out with my companion and Elder Goggora, from my district. He is super cool and is going to Salta Argentina. We are flying with like 4 other missionaries that we haven't met yet though! 

Today we went to the Provo temple and that was amazing. It was so good to be able to go again! It is also amazing to be able to have a P-day. Classes for 10 hours every day gets really long haha. 

Yesterday was very spiritual. Every class was about either the atonement or repentance and I really felt the spirit and it was amazing! I have really come to know that the atonement is the central part of the plan of salvation! 

Yesterday for Mother's day I was able to call home!! It was very exciting because we didn't think that I'd be able to because I'm in the MTC, but it was allowed. (: I was able to talk to almost all of my family for a half hour. It just made my whole week. I miss them so much and it is hard but I know I'm supposed to be here! 

I was going to send photos but we can't figure out the whole computer and photo things so I'll send them when I can! 

Love, Hermana Newell 

No comments:

Post a Comment