Argentina Posadas

Argentina Posadas

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Lots of Visitors and Mexican Food!



Changes are something that I love; I always have, so it is great to have them here on the mission as well. Hermana Martinez is amazing. I am learning a ton from her. I am having to work on my patience; I realize that I don’t have much of it, but we get along really well! Our characters are a little bit different and the patience is needed but I honestly can’t complain because she is amazing!
 
This past week was one heck of a week! Every night when we got home we were hecha perchas [worn out, hung out to dry]. I like honestly have never been more tired here on the mission than I have been this past week. I’m not exactly sure why but Hermana Martinez and I both felt it. We were both putting our best into the work and in the end, like God promises, it paid off (: At Church yesterday we had 81 people (normally we have like 65-70). We had like 7 less actives and 4 investigators!!! It was amazing. PLUS, Leo Sosa, our converso reciente [recent convert], gave a talk on Faith and it was amazing! God always blesses when we do our part; we might be tired but yesterday sitting in that sacrament meeting made it all worth it!

Two of our new investigators from this week and that also went to church are Patricia and Teodoro. They are a couple and are both VERY excited about the church. They both accepted to be baptized but have not accepted a date yet; we will put it this week. They are not married because Teodoro is already married with another lady but they have not been able to get a divorce [extremely difficult and expensive in Catholic nations] so we are looking into divorce express (Haha) and trying to get that figured out because Patricia and Teodoro want to get married as well so that they can be baptized!

The other investigator that we have is Gladys. She is the mom of Silvana and Yaquelin, who are menos activos that we are reactivating; they are both amazing and Gladys really likes the church. Her husband doesn’t tho, so we are working poco a poco.

This past week was amazing with the spirit and I really could feel him leading our steps.

Last night, Sunday, we rode the bus to Posadas and stayed the night with some other Hermanas, because this morning at 7a.m. I had tramites [legal paperwork; probably for working in Paraguay], so from 7 - 1:30 I was sitting in tramites just waiting for everything. It wasn’t the greatest thing in the world, but then we went to a Mexican restaurant!!! It was Awesome!!! I ate two big cheese and veggie quesadillas with black beans and SALSA! It was really good and I missed Mexican food, and anything other than pasta and bread and pizza, sooo much!

Hermana Martinez and I then went and walked along the waterway and ate helado [ice cream] that was super rico [delicious]! Posadas reminds me of San Francisco in a way and it makes me miss the city so much!

Tomorrow we have a zone meeting with President LaPierre, and then we have splits so I am going to the city of Obera (you can google it if you want). I have no idea what to expect but I am super excited!

On Saturday we have a movie night where we are showing Meet the Mormons and then we have a baptism for Valeria do Santos who is 8 and getting baptized, part of a member family.

Life is going great, lots of work and I’m dead but it’s going well.

Keep up the faith. Life doesn’t always work out how we have planned. Sometimes God is testing us to see if we are really willing to leave everything and follow him, and once we have shown our diligence, that is when he will bless us with the real blessing. He has a plan and we don’t know what it is, and it will happen in his timing. Have faith! Sorry if that sounds really missionaryish!

I love you all! and I will send photos next week, sorry!
 
Hermana Newell

No comments:

Post a Comment