Argentina Posadas

Argentina Posadas

Monday, October 5, 2015

God is Great



So a little bit more about Tacuari. I am right in the city; it is about 10 minutes in the bus to the centro [downtown]. It is very green and there are fruit trees EVERYWHERE! A ton of mole berries [mulberries], a type of cherry and oranges. There are a lot of dirt or cobblestone streets.
We always walk except for when we come into downtown, then we take the city busses, which are like the ones in Colima, Mexico. The Members have been super nice, I love them! They are not very helpful with giving references, so we are contacting A LOT. But I like it. I get to meet a lot of new people and hear a lot of new stories. It has been very hot, but we get a couple days of cold and then another week of Hot weather. [Her Spring began Sept. 21st]
This past weekend was incredible! I got to watch General Conference in English. There was one room filled with like 20 of us gringo missionaries and President and Hermana LaPierre. I loved Conference; the Saturday sessions especially spoke to me. It has been amazing the answers that I have gotten. The overall theme that I took out was Trust in God. I am really trying to focus on others and not myself, and trust in God that he will lay out my future; that if I trust him it will all be okay. Also that it is my choice to do or to not do, and I want to do the best and most that I can to serve the Lord because I know that if I do I will be able to stand before him in that judgement day and say that I did all that I could. 
I love this gospel, I love this work, God really is the head of it all and is leading me and all of us. If we trust him, if we do HIS will, then we will see the blessings that he has promised us. God is just so GREAT!
This past week Hermana Lopez and I also fasted with our investigator, Valeria. She has a date for the 17th, but we have to change it because she has only come to church once, but she is amazing and she will get there! This past week we also found 11 new investigators; the ‘number of excellence’ is 10, so we feel very blessed by God. We will see what happens this week and how many of those will actually progress; hopefully, a few! (: 
Also today and tomorrow I have Consejo. It´s like a meeting for all of the zone, district and Hermana training leaders. It is weird to have to go to meetings like that and be able to help out in the planning of things, but it is awesome and I get to spend a lot more time with Hermana and Presidente LaPierre, which is amazing(: This past Friday we had interviews with President; every 3 months we have interviews. He is such an amazing man!
I want to thank all of you for all that you have done for me, and for your support!
Hermana Newell

No comments:

Post a Comment