Argentina Posadas

Argentina Posadas

Monday, November 30, 2015

Sister Training in Posadas


Thanksgiving lunch as a zone
Part of the Zone


This week! So it´s been a pretty chill week. We had splits, and I was able to get to know my girls better.
Hermana Zambrana (Cordoba, Argentina), Hermana Cardenas (Sinoloa, Mexico) and Hermana Villanueva
I was with Hermana Palomares from Peru. She is amazing and super sweet. She is the only member in her family and it has been really hard but she is pushing through. She has been out for 3 months now.
Hermana Palomares de Peru
Making cheese empanandas

We made fried mandioca; it is from Peru! If I’m going to miss food from mission it will be the mandioca. It´s like a potato but so good!  
mandioca
 
Hermana Villanueva (my MTC companion) is now in my zone and I’m her Sister Leader, weird. But I love seeing her all the time! I spent some time with Hermana Villanueva which is always so much fun; after 7 months we are both doing great. 
Hermana Villanueva

Gabriela, our investigator, wants to get baptized!! She is amazing and she understands everything. She has seen the changes that the gospel has already done for her. She just has to get married but her pareja (partner) doesn´t want to. So we are praying a lot so that he can soften his heart. 

Jose is great! He is progressing and changing and doing super well. I love to visit with him because the spirit is so strong when we are there! 
granddaughter of a reactivated member

I’ve been asked about how Christmas was going to be here. Well, it will be pretty much like any other day here in Argentina. Like no one decorates and most don´t have trees or listen to Christmas music. It´s hot and sunny. And everyone says that Christmas is just another excuse for the people to drink and get drunk, so pretty great, right? Haha It definitely does not feel like Christmas but we will see if we do a Christmas zone party or something! 

Everything is going well here, todo tranquilopa! I hope all is well there! 

Hermana Newell


Some google thoughts on mandioca:
[Manihot esculenta, with common names cassava, Brazilian arrowroot, manioc, and tapioca, is a woody shrub of the spurge family, Euphorbiaceae, native to South America.]

[Fried Manioc or Yuca) Manioc, also known as yuca or cassava in Central America and the U.S., is a white starchy tuber with a delicate taste (many people I know say that fried manioc beats French fries anytime). ... For frying, you can buy the frozen yuca sold in Hispanic markets.]

No comments:

Post a Comment