Argentina Posadas

Argentina Posadas

Monday, January 25, 2016

I'm Going to Paraguay!!



I'M GOING TO PARAGUAY!!! 



So today was transfers. I'm going to Ciudad Del Este in PARAGUAY! [On the Brazilian border, 15 miles from Iguazu Falls.] I am going to be opening an area with Hermana Pitts. She is also an Hermana Leader and is from Utah. I know her pretty well and she is so great! It will be my first area in Paraguay, first time opening an area and first time with a Gringa companion! I am very excited!


Transfers happen on Thursday morning, so until then I am going to be working a ton, saying goodbye to some families and packing up all my stuff. A lot to do!


I am very sad to leave Tacuari. It is an amazing area and it has been an amazing four and a half months here! The people are amazing. I love them and I am going to miss it a lot! Today we spent P-Day with the Caceras family. They are my family here. The hermana is like my mom here. They are amazing and we all almost cried. I will definitely be back to visit them! 

                     Lunch today with the Caceres Family

The Caceres Family! Marina and, her husband, Johnny, Miguel and Hermana Graciela Caceres. Marina is like my sister and one of my best friends. 

Hermana Graciela Caceres. She is my mom here in Tacuari. She reminds me of my mom and it makes me miss my mom even more! 


I am very sad to leave my hijita, Hermana Nunton. She is amazing and it has definitely been a learning experience. Honestly I think I’ve learned more in these three months than in my whole mission. We actually got along really well this past week, and some weeks we do. But I think that God knew that we both needed to learn new things with new people. But I will miss her! 



This past week was SOO good! On Wednesday we had a General Missionary Conference, worldwide. It is the first time they have done one in ten years! I felt very privileged to be on my mission at this time! In the conference there was a part that they did in Ogden. There was an hermana that I met in the MTC who was there in person. That was pretty cool! The focus was “Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts.” It was very good! I learned so much, and it really reminded all of us that our job is to help people come unto Christ and to be receivers of all his blessings as they are baptized. It was very spiritual! 



The spirit was very strong this past week. Hermana Nunton and I have finally gotten to the point that when we teach, the Spirit just comes. I love it and every day is beautiful because of the spirit that I have felt! 



For example, with the Family Toledo, who are less active members. This week as we taught the spirit was SO strong! We all wanted to cry. Ernesto, the dad, said that he always wanted to feel that spirit and asked how he could. They all came to church on Sunday! 

Saying Good Bye to the Pulgar family. They are amazing! 


I have realized that I really want to practice my ASL [American Sign Language; learned as a youth in Indiana] again. I have started to watch the Restoration video in ASL. I’ve been remembering and learning. I love it and I am praying every day in ASL. I missed it!



And now that I’ll be in Paraguay I will pick up some Guarani and I really want to learn Portuguese! So we will see! 



Life is good. God loves you and me, and he is always mindful of us! I hope that you all have an amazing week! 



With love, Hermana Newell

No comments:

Post a Comment