Argentina Posadas

Argentina Posadas

Monday, October 24, 2016

A stormy week



Soooo, What a week!
 
I don’t know if anyone from up there was watching our weather down here but ¡Que loco che! I think it was Tuesday when it hailed here with a huge storm! Then on Wednesday, we were in a family home evening, and the hermana went outside and returned super scared and told us that we had to leave, right then! Because the storm was coming in fast!
 
So we ended with a prayer and we left! As we got to the bus stop, the hail started, and heck, they were the size of golf balls! I had never seen hail so big in my life! They have hence told us that in an area super close the hail was the size of baseballs!
 
The hail started and Hermana Huarcaya and I were cuddled together trying to not get hit on the head and die. ha-ha. The bus came and we got on and by the time we got home it was just raining, but raining hard. That night at about 11pm the hail started again and it was the size of baseballs. The wind was strong and it was nuts. The next day there were tons of houses that didn’t have roofs or things because of the hail.
 
It has been a crazy week, because then the heat came, and heck, it was HOT! And then today as I am writing right now to you, the storm came up and the glass door to the cyber just shattered to pieces.... and the lights went out.... I almost had a heart attack! ha-ha pray for us! This weather is LOCO!

In my area it is basically dirt roads, and the dirt here is RED, so that has been interesting too, when everything turns to mud from the rain. Let’s just say that your clothes don’t stay clean very long! haha.
 
Other than the weather, life is going really well. We are getting to know the area more. The members are great and they are helping us out a lot! This past week we got a reference from a member for Alisia. We went by and talked with her and her 16-year-old son, Lucas. They are super great. The other day we went back and we talked just with Alisia. We talked about the Book of Mormon, and wow, that was a spiritual lesson.
 
It was amazing. The spirit was so strong and Alisia had so many questions and you could see her face lighting up as we taught. You could tell that it was what she needed and what she was looking for. The spirit was so strong and she could feel it too. This week she is going to pray and ask if it is true and I know that she will receive an answer.
 
That lesson made me really think about the Book of Mormon and that I would not be who I am today without that book. It truly is another scripture, and by it and through it I have come so much closer to God than I would have without it. If I don’t study it I feel like an emptiness and I have to at least read a verse from it!
 
The week was very good, Hermana Huarcaya is amazing. She is learning so much and is teaching me so much as well. I wish that I knew at the beginning of my mission all of these things that I now know. After a year and a half one finally has it down... and then there isn’t much time to put it into practice.... but that is why the mission work never stops. We have to be member missionaries as well!
 
This week was full of miracles, and honestly, every week is, and sometimes we just don’t take the time to realize them!

I know that God lives, and loves us and as we put him first, the rest comes. (: 

Hermana Newell

No comments:

Post a Comment